Thursday, August 14, 2008
Long Overdue
I can't believe it's been so long since I posted anything here! My sincere apologies to those of you who have actually been checking! The last few months have been really great. We had a fourth of july party here at the Baby House which also functioned as a goodbye party for the Norwegian girls who left the following day. After weeks of searching I finally managed to find sparklers at a local costume store so we had hamburgers and hotdogs on the braai (South African for barbeque), rice krispy bars courtesy of Anna, and Jello that Bjorg and I made. I even got to try some warthog sausage that one of the girls' friends brought. He lives on a game reserve nearby. It was surprisingly yummy. The biggest adventure of August this far is that my boy got adopted! It was really hard for me to let him go - there were a lot of tears, but he is doing really well with his new family and they've invited us all over for his birthday in September. The family is really lovely and they have actually known him his whole life, which is pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment