Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trip to Cape Town Day One - Whales!

Recently I switched some shifts and ended up with a whole week off! So, I scored some cheap flights and went to visit Anna in Cape Town. It was a great time of refreshing and I enjoyed getting to sleep in without any crying kids. The first day we went on a Whale Watching trip. It was totally awesome but I got terribly sea-sick. It was well worth it and we saw 8 Southern Right Whales, Great White Sharks and Cape Fur Seals.

Anna and I in our cool jackets and life vests on the boat.
A Southern Right Whale spouting
Great White Shark taking the bait of the cage diving ship we pulled up alongside
Anna and a very friendly Dassie
Me and the Dassie - loving the close encounter - they are my new favorite animals.

No comments: