Advertising agencies here in South Africa will also have to think of a new marketing gimmick. No longer will a soccer ball in the window convince people to buy their products. I had hoped they would have used this time to come up with something truly creative, but the few that have already aired are making me worry!
The atmosphere will change around here too. There is a feeling at the moment that we are all part of something great, even if, like me, you are only watching from your couch at home. I'm afraid it may be a bit of a let-down after all.
Tonight though, we are going to party like it's 1999 :-) I'm doing nightshift, so Sophie and I will be eating popcorn and watching the match. And, until the tears and temper tantrums start, I am planning on letting the kids stay up as late as they want to watch the game too! It should be a fun house tomorrow...
In other news, last week my little man left me for his new family (Mom and middle brother pictured with us below). By all accounts he is settling in nicely and has a little bit of hero worship for this brother!
No comments:
Post a Comment