Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Happy Birthday Auntie Mommy!"

So clearly Potato thinks my actual name is "Mommy". I suppose it makes sense in his head, although my Princess has mastered "Auntie Kate". So, when they were singing to me this morning, it was "Happy Birthday Auntie Mommy... Happy Birthday to You!" from Potato :-)

Sharon, our HR, made me this divine carrot cake... can you count the candles??
The kids really only think of birthdays as being about CAKE, so they were SO excited when we finally got to sing, and then SO disappointed when I opened my presents before we ate!

In the evening I went to bible study where we had yet MORE cake! Natalie made me these cute cupcakes, and Robyn made some ridiculous fancy and delicious french pastries. I was thoroughly spoiled!
Below, all our bible study made it for my birthday! What an interesting bunch we are :-)

During the afternoon Sharon and I went to a fabric store, and I got this cute fleece for r17! ($2.50) It was enough to make a blanket for me, and there were leftovers that I decided could be used for a new dog bed for Sherlock (he's been sleeping on a ratty old blanket until now). So, I spent the afternoon making this, which he loved. Unfortunately, he got into some of my birthday chocolate while I was at bible study, so now it's in the wash!


No comments: