Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The last week

Well, we've had a very full time since Lego passed away on the 30th. Obviously much of last week was devoted to planning the funeral and I have to say a big thank you to our church and my friends here for getting me through that. We had an incredible turn out of nearly 50 people at the service. Considering how many children in the "system" pass away with no one batting an eye, we felt very supported and encouraged by how many people God touched using Lego during his 7 months with us.


Since the funeral things are getting back to normal here and we're falling back into our routines. I feel like I have a lot of spare mental space though - so much of my time was spent either taking Lego to appointments or trying to figure out how to deal with his latest problem that I feel a bit spare at the moment. Sipho considerately decided to come down with EVERYTHING this past weekend, just to distract me. The poor kid had conjunctivitis, gastro, a new case of excema, and keeps trying to get into the kitchen/bathroom and into all sorts of stuff he's not supposed to tackle.

In happy news, my friend Holly is here now, so I have a sounding board again and someone to do things with in my off time. We've been watching Legend of the Seeker (awesome) and Bones a lot :-) Also, this weekend was my Goddaughter's dedication service, which was a blessing to be a part of.

No comments: