Living in South Africa I suppose crime is inevitable... last night our yard was entered and my car and our garage were broken into. It's a little scary to think that people were in the yard and we heard absolutely nothing - even though our gate is VERY squeaky and they opened it. According to the other staff the theives use "Muti" to put you into a deep sleep. I don't know how I feel about that, but it's certainly true that the demonic is more active here!

Obviously this wasn't too effective - the thieves dis-connected my battery cables before opening the doors. On the plus side, I've learned how to re-attach battey cables. They also bent the latches on the hood and trunk, so I've been doing repairs on those. I'm getting quite handy.

My CD/Radio and speakers were also stolen, and all of the CDs I kept in the car. Happily my cheerful steering wheel cover was too difficult to get off! My CD player had a mind of its own and only worked when it wanted to, but I'm going to miss it.

Back window where they broke in - my left hand is a little sore from glass shards after cleaning up the back seat. I want to get it properly cleaned though so none of the kids hurt themselves on the way to school. Next item of business, figure out who can fix this for me!

Our garage, post-ransacking. This was all orderly before they got in. Considering that I'd spent 2 days last week sorting it out I was a little annoyed. The amusing side of the whole story is that the only things we know they stole were two boxes of donated shoes. However, these boxes were filled only with single shoes - no pairs! So I'm enjoying picturing their faces when they discovered this!
We're just praying now that they don't come back. We've moved all of the expensive things into the volunteer room now, so at least they can't steal anything worthwhile!
No comments:
Post a Comment