It was so wonderful to see all of my old friends again. There is really nothing quite as nice as spending time with someone who has known you for years. You don't need to be anything but yourself and you know they accept and love you for that. I am so grateful for all of my friends who took time from their schedules to see me while I was home.
We also were busy packing up and sorting our house so my parents could move with only the essentials (more on that below) and, of course, LOTS of shopping and eating out. Archivers, Barnes and Noble, the entirety of the MALL OF AMERICA, and Target are the stores I miss most, and we went to DQ, Applebees, Bakers Square (pumpkin pie - yum!), TGIF and Arbys.
When we got back we went on a road trip to Wyoming where my parents will be moving at the end of this month. Dad has his first pastor position out there and we went out to find them a house. We actually managed to find and make an offer on one in 1 day! They will move in on the 2nd of June.
The church is in Powell, which is about 1.5hrs from Yellowstone National Park, so, of course, we had to drive out there. The park was mostly closed due to a late snow fall but I found this little guy on the drive back. Yay for animals!
No comments:
Post a Comment