Friday, December 17, 2010

10 things

I've realised I never actually share that much about ME, so here's what may become a tradition.

1) This is not just a job. Despite the fact that no one understands it, and that who they are changes on a semi-regular basis, I have kids. People should try to remember that.

2) I hate mopping, and everything that goes along with it. Especially the people who stand in the malls waving "caution" signs, simultaneously trying to dry the floor and take out your shins.

3) My microwave is going through menopause - it gets hot flashes, where it actually works, and then feels old, and takes 4 minutes to heat up a bowl of porridge.

4) I have the worlds slowest internet connection (2.4mbps) BUT it's free due to an unexpected act of generosity from my boss. SO I love it.

5) I get addicted to TV shows, book series, etc... I need to watch them all, and I hate stopping to work/live my life. At the moment Sue and I are loving Grey's Anatomy. Tragically, we only have 1 disc left of the last series in the store... I need to check when season 7 comes out! (Just IMDB'd it and apparently only next year! How depressing!)

6) I often narrate my life in facebook status format (in my head).... yes, Kate Piscator knows this is worrying!

7) I find South Africa frustrating because nearly all of her friends still live within a 20 minute drive of their parents, if not actually at home, and this is considered perfectly normal.

8) My christmas tree is topped, not with angel or star, but with a fishing penguin that Anna gave me 2 christmases ago. It has a little hat and scarf and is awesome.

9) I love getting mail (*hint hint*). I got a postcard today from Bologna, Italy, from my friend Elizabeth. It has pride of place on my refrigerator.

10) I love Christmas with my whole heart and think anyone who doesn't is the Grinch. This has led to a number of interesting discussions with people in my church, who, in the majority, don't.

No comments: