Wednesday, December 29, 2010

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 1

I saw this challenge on a friend of a friend's facebook page and decided it could make an interesting way to keep me updating my blog a bit more frequently. I can't promise they'll be 30 consecutive days though!

Day 01 - A Picture of Yourself and Ten Facts.

1) This picture was taken on Christmas Day in our church cry room. Myself and my 3 kids (David sat the whole service with Auntie Natalie), and Sue and her 2 kids pretty much took over the cry room for the Christmas morning service. Thankfully we were able to hear the sermon, and we had a nice little choir going for the singing :-) The kids were very well behaved and looked very cute in their Christmas outfits. Pastor William made the comment that he and my boys were some of the only people in the church who had worn ties for the service!

2) I've been out swimming twice in the last week and got very sunburned! Lots of aftersun later, I look only slightly like a tomato. We're going to a pool party for New Years, so let's hope I'm not peeling!

3) Best Christmas Present : My new handbag from Abu Dhabi, courtesy of the awesome Vange and Kim. It's very summery and I never by that sort of thing for myself!

4) The South African climate is most appreciated in January. Even though I miss snow around Christmas, at least this time of year I can be out enjoying myself while the Northern hemisphere suffers through months darkness!

5) I'd really like to get out of Jo'burg for a week or so in January. My current hope is that someone here owns a holiday house that they feel like lending to their favorite missionary.

6) I save the best Christmas cards of each year, and display them all the following Christmas so that I look like I have lots of friends :-p

7) I feel a bit like I have the flu and I can't figure out if it's because I'm burnt all over, because I've been lazing around for the last few days and my body doesn't think it should have to start working again, or because I actually do have the flu!

8) My parents sent over books from home for Christmas, including the rest of one of my favorite series. Now I'm having to pace myself so I don't just hole up in my room for the next 3 days reading.

9) Thanks to Grandma I re-did my bedroom with new curtains and bedding, so it actually all coordinates now. We're going for a western theme, thanks to the teal/turquoise wallpaper the architect decided to put up, so most of the new things are tan or grey. I just need to get a new hanger for my cowboy hat, so that can live above the door and I can see the pictures on my cool new American Landscapes calendar that my parents sent over.

10) I really want us to get a new little (<3mo) baby, even though I know that I will regret it as soon as I have to do a nightshift. I'm rather sad that we didn't get one before Christmas, as I had the cutest little outfits in mind!

No comments: