Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 21

Day 21 - A Picture of something You Wish You could Forget.

I don't understand why I would put up a picture of something I wanted to forget. Surely that would make me remember it? So I've decided to change today's task to 'something it pains you to remember'.


These 4 precious, beautiful girls are our failures. They were all placed in families that were wrong for them, for one reason or another. In one case we wondered if something might not be a little 'off', but didn't listen to our instincts. In the others we simply didn't know that the people we were entrusting them to would turn out to be so utterly untrustworthy.
Their situations have resolved in different ways. There is a new, loving, wonderful mother who is trying to make up for all the wrong that has been done in this child's life. There is a return to a possibly disastrous situation, where there is nothing we can do but pray, because of the legalities involved. There is a welcoming into the arms of the heavenly father after suffering from terrible neglect.
These faces are before me, before us all, every day. They challenge us to never again ignore our instincts, never again move without the guidance of the Lord. They give me terror in my heart each time one of my beautiful babies moves on to a new family, where I can no longer protect them. They keep us humble. They bring us to our knees before the Father. We question why He would allow this to happen, why we didn't see it coming. We pray that God will resurrect their lives and work for GOOD what man has intended for evil.

No comments: