Saturday, February 5, 2011
My new boys
After so many months with no new babies, we were beginning to worry. Maybe we weren't favored anymore by the social workers, maybe we had offended someone, maybe God was unhappy about something.... But, He was just waiting to give us the right kids! I firmly believe that all the kids we've gotten in the last year have needed US - not some other home. Not to talk badly about the other homes, but I would say that we offer something they don't - a real family environment.
Nowhere else that I've been have I seen the staff interacting with the kids as much as ours do, and none of the other housemothers I've met are as committed to their little ones as I am. Probably because they have their own families, here in South Africa, whereas these little guys ARE my family. Regardless of the reason, I really believe that God has brought these boys to us for a purpose.
The little one above is 9 months old and weighs only 5.5kgs (12lbs). For those of you without kids that's the average weight of a 2-3month old! Or a medium sized Nelson baby :-) He has next to no muscle control and we haven't seen him roll over yet. But he is a happy little guy! It takes just a little attention to make him smile. He's been doing really well (we've only had him 1 week) and he is just loving all the food!
This little guy is only 6 months old and has been raised in a hospital and children's home. He is such a happy baby if he is getting attention and can see you, but the home he was at asked us to take him because they didn't have enough staff to give him that attention. We just love him and he is making great progress at reaching his milestones - almost sitting, as long as he doesn't get excited and start jumping around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment