Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Adventures

July was the month of birthdays at the baby home. Not only do 3 of our Aunties have birthday, but my Princess got invited to her first birthday parties, both on the same day! Her one friend, Nicky, who we met at our monday playplace, LOVES cars and had a fireman birthday party at the local firestation. Princess didn't want to go down the firepole (but then neither did I), but I did manage to get her onto the firetruck.
We got to sit in front with Nicky and his dad, and I got to work the siren! It's just possible that I had more fun than she did, but she also enjoyed getting out for the day. Especially eating the cake!

Our other birthday party was for Tshepo, one of our past kids. He is 5 now! I can't even believe it. I first met him on the 2nd time that I came out to the baby home and he was SO tiny! Now he is really a KID with such an attitude.

He had a Ben 10 cake, with a jumping castle and face painting and LOTS of food! It was so lovely to see him and his sister (who was also one of our babies) again.
My Princess and Tshepo - he is still tiny though, 2 year age difference and about 2 inch height difference.

Our handsome man and his cake. Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments: