Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Birthday (no, I'm STILL not 30!)

For my birthday this year I decided to celebrate with a proper Mexican dinner at a very hip restaurant in one of the more "interesting" parts of Johannesburg. 4 of my friends joined me, and, despite being nearly taken out by a number of taxis on the way there, we had a lovely evening. I'm so glad to have found another "proper Mexican" place after the disappointment that Tiffany and I had a few months ago. Also, Vange gave me the quirkiest birthday gift that I've received - a collection of women's obituaries! It's actually very cool :-) And a good conversation starter!

Jannie and Cathy
Darren and Vange
 Me and Cath
 Not knowing what re-fried beans were, Jannie decided to be brave and order them... to mixed reviews!


 My most exciting birthday gift - a new Kindle - being modeled by the beautiful Anna in it's new handmade case. I'm considering trying to market them next year to supplement my income.


We also celebrated my birthday at the baby home - Sharon and Tharien made me cakes, and the Aunties went together and bought me new running shoes and a set of glasses for my new house next year. Sue got out all our party hats, so we all looked pretty fantastic!
"Patches" rocking his mask

 We have a little too much fun sometimes!!

Despite all the people who keep being surprised that I'm not in my 30's yet (thanks!) I'm looking forward to this year. It will be full of lots of changes and stress, but hopefully will mark a new beginning for me and my Princess!

No comments: