I was so excited when we got the call to go fetch baby "Linda" from the hospital. When we'd been to fetch "Zaccheus" a few weeks ago she was in the cot 2 down from him. The social worker told me that they were also looking for a placement for her as her mom had signed her over, and I jumped at the chance. As my Thursday morning prayer group can tell you, I've been asking for a baby girl for well over a year now! So, I was very disappointed when first one, then two weeks went past without a word from our social workers about my baby girl! Eventually I assumed the message hadn't been passed along and she'd gone to someone else. When they finally did phone I started dancing around the kitchen!
She doesn't seem to have grown much since I saw her the first time, but she has put on 1.5kgs since birth, so she is doing ok - just very, very tiny! She looked so funny coming home from the hospital since I'd taken along a 0-3 month dress that was FAR too big for her. She also suffered from some neglect in the hospital. The nurses don't seem to have ever trimmed her fingernails, so all the scratches you can see on her face were self-inflicted. We sat down for some nail-clipping before we even went into the house!
She is such a cuddly little thing, and the only one of the babies who is still small enough not to squirm, so she is being very spoilt!
All the Girls - Princess and Chipmunk were SO excited about their new baby sister!
With Auntie Kate after her first proper bath. She loved the water, but HATED having to dry off!
Making her very first cake. Linda was feeling very grumpy, and the staff were bathing the rest of the kids, so she got to come help me bake Chipmunk's birthday cake. It turned out pretty good too! I had to ask Victoria to take a picture though - I thought this was me looking pretty darn domesticated!
No comments:
Post a Comment