Thursday, June 7, 2012

Missing Someone You've Never Met

We almost got a baby girl this week. This would be the baby girl we've been wanting for the last 2 years (yes, it's 3 months shy of 3 years since we've gotten a new girl!). And we didn't get her. For no good reason - just because some people couldn't get their ducks in a row in time.

The theme in my devotional, and my life, at the moment is Trust. I can't decide if this was an object lesson, or a test, but it was difficult. I really do believe that we are the best baby home around in terms of the care our kids receive, so it is difficult to believe that there could be a "better plan" for any child we get the call for. On the other hand, maybe her Mommy and Daddy have already applied with the home that eventually got her and she needed to go there to meet them.

It's always hard to know what is really God's plan, and what is people's sinful nature getting in the way. I don't believe that everything that happens is in line with His will, but I do believe that He will use it. And especially, I believe He is JUST. Nothing can happen to one of my kids that will ruin their chances of falling in love with Jesus. No matter what situation they end up in, He will give them as much reason to follow Him as the kids have in the gated community down the road. Somedays, that is ALL I can hope for, but it is always enough.

Our twins are another testing case. They have had such a lovely family waiting for them for so long now. I am so grateful that their Mommy and Daddy have persevered and keep on fighting for their boys. Hopefully they will be rewarded next week by getting to take their boys out and not having to bring them back on Monday. Even when you can't see what's going on behind the scenes, all you need to do is put one foot in front of the other and eventually the fog will clear.

Hopefully that will be the case in my own life soon! I am still waiting for so many things: for V's paperwork, for her passport, to apply for the adoption, to find out what I'm doing next year, where we're going to live, HOW we're going to live.... it's hard, but as Pastor William said a few weeks ago, we get caught up in the details, but, as long as we're walking with God, we are going in the right direction

No comments: