Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In quietness and TRUST

Well, I wrote an incredibly long blog post last night, but then my internet cut out and it got lost somewhere in the ether. I won't tell you the whole story again, but the basic gist is that we are having what may be an incredibly stressful situation developing at the baby house surrounding the future of one of our little girls. Last night I was panicking and making contingency plans when suddenly I realised that it is not up to me to "save" her, but rather that I needed to trust that God would make his will for her life clear. This is not always easy for me as I can think of many times in the recent past that we have misunderstood, or simply not considered what His will might be, and He has not prevented us from making mistakes.

However, this is the same God who took care of Hagar and her dying son in the desert, asking why she was worried and promising to provide for them. If she had no reason to worry, then surely I, one of the "chosen" do not either. Also, it is repeated over and over how much God cares for the orphans - surely he loves her more than I ever could. So, I am trying to put my trust in God and take myself and my human efforts and prejudices out of the equation.

No comments: