Lego and I had a funfilled day yesterday, with vomiting, runny tummy, and lots of BIG needles. He was admitted to Coronation (where I was with my little man 2 years ago) yesterday evening, after being unable to keep anything down since Saturday afternoon. They admitted him under acute gastro, which means we are in a smaller ward, and dripped him in his head because they couldn't find any other veins. Poor baby had to undergo lots of needles, including a giant one that they stuck into his bladder to test his urine.The night was fairly quiet, but his temperature kept going up, and he still refused to drink, so we were glad that they had the drip in! I was happy to be at Coronation though, instead of one of the other hospitals, because it has a much higher quality of care, and I know my way around. This time they even allowed me to stay over with him. It was great not having to leave him, and he is much happier in hands. On the other hand, it also meant I spent the whole night in a chair! Tonight I'm going to take a cue from the other moms and bring enough blankets to sleep on the floor next to his cot. Yup, that's how we do it Africa-style! :-)
I had an important meeting this morning, so I left early but Sharon went to sit with him and was there for rounds. I haven't heard everything that the drs said, but it sounds as if he will be there at least until the end of the week.
Please pray for us and I will keep you updated as often as I have computer access!
1 comment:
Praying for you both. I'm glad you're both in a good hospital.
Much love
Post a Comment