
As you can see, we are feeling much better these last few days! Lego has been a lot happier, especially in the mornings, recently. He's doing better at eating too, and we had at least one day without vomit! Today I even got him to eat real food, and drink most of his bottles. Unfortunately, his sodium levels are starting to rise again now that he is of the drip. The doctors weren't too concerned about it today, but they took bloods and urine samples again, so they will monitor the situation. If the sodium goes down below 1 5 and he is able to eat everything without the feeding tube, then we can go home. They are still considering doing
PEG surgery to put in a permanent feeding tube, but we could go back in for it as an elective procedure. If he doesn't want to eat, then we have to stay in until the surgery can be done, which could take a few weeks.

Also, above is a picture of our little "space" at the hospital. During the day I sleep on the bench, which requires some balancing skills, but is surprisingly doable. When I sleep over, then the other mothers and I open up our blankets on the floor and pray the kids are all quiet! The nurse gave me a hard time the other day about moving "all my cupboards" in with me (see all the bags sitting in the window!). Once you get into the routine, it's not actually that bad. I've been getting through a lot of books!
No comments:
Post a Comment